About this design
The audio cassette was invented by Philips in 1962. It was small, compact and relatively durable. The cassette tape became a popular medium for the music industry, home recordings and eventually data recordings.
It was cheaper to produce than the floppy disk and so became the primary data storage medium for many home computers during the 80's despite lengthy loading times. Because the tape stored data as analogue audio it was easily duplicated and lead to a rife piracy culture. Copies were reliant on the quality of the recording, poor quality cassettes or equipment often resulted in load failures.
Without doubt, the image of the cassette tape is one of the definitive symbols of the past.
- Original design by Retro GT
- Hand printed in the UK
- 100% cotton, 185gsm pre-shrunk jersey knit
- Double needle sleeves and bottom hem
- Euro style fit in neck shoulders and sleeves
- Machine wash warm (40 Degrees) - Do not iron on print - Do not tumble dry