About this design
Before the release of the Game Boy in 1989 and even before the Famicom (NES) in 1983, Nintendo ventured into the handheld market with a line of devices called 'Game & Watch'. These pocket friendly devices featured an LCD screen, a clock and an alarm function, hence the name. Each device featured a different game, some using two LCD screens in a clamshell design preceding the Nintendo DS by over two decades. Game & Watch popularised the idea of portable gaming and was a massive success with 59 models released since the original 'Ball' in 1980. The market was flooded with LCD devices becoming an affordable and accessible way for young gamers to play.
This design is our homage to the modest LCD games of the past. The red buttons on the garment are cut from flock vinyl giving a velvet feel.
- Original design by Retro GT
- Hand printed in the UK
- 100% cotton, 185gsm pre-shrunk jersey knit
- Double needle sleeves and bottom hem
- Euro style fit in neck shoulders and sleeves
- Machine wash warm (40 Degrees) - Do not iron on print - Do not tumble dry