About this design
When you think of arcade games featuring mazes and ghosts, two games spring to mind. One is Pac-Man and the other is Atari's Gauntlet. Released in 1985, Gauntlet was a hack and slash, dungeon crawler featuring a colossal cabinet housing controls for up to four simultaneous players. This was an astonishing accomplishment considering few arcade games before it catered for two players let alone four.
Each player could take control of one of four fantasy characters with different attributes, Thor the Warrior, Thyra the Valkyrie, Merlin the Wizard or Questor the Elf. The players' goal was to simply fight their way through 100 maze levels infested with ghosts, grunts and other monsters, collecting treasure and keys along the way. Each player's health would count down and could only be replenished by collecting food or inserting more coins.
4-Player cooperative play was by no means Gauntlet's only defining feature, it had frantic gameplay, crisp graphics and crystal clear speech. It was also famous for its momentous announcements such as "Elf shot the food" and "Warrior is about to die!!"
* Please note, the medium, large and XL sizes are out of stock. *
- Officially licensed
- Woven from 50/50 combed ring spun 30/1 cotton.
- Ultra-fine lightweight 4.1 ounce jersey.
- Double needle sleeves and bottom hem
- Euro style fit in neck shoulders and sleeves
- Machine wash warm (40 Degrees) - Do not iron on print - Do not tumble dry